Currency Solutions Limited (“CSL”) is committed to the protection and security of your personal data. By personal data we mean all information collected from you through our website, by phone, email or in writing.
1. Information we may collect from you
We collect information from you when you visit our website to improve your customer experience, this includes geolocation information. More information about Cookies can be found here.
When you submit an enquiry or quote we will ask for your name, phone number, email address and currency requirements.
For us to comply with anti-money laundering regulations we require customers to register before they can use our dealing services. This includes their full name, address and date of birth. We may request additional information and documents.
For us to deliver our products and services we will require details of where you wish to send your funds and we may ask for supporting documentation.
2. Information we may receive about you from other sources
To help us validate the information you provide and for regulatory compliance we may verify the information you provide through our trusted partners. We may also collect information about you from the internet and social media sites.
3. How information about you will be used
To meet the contractual requirements
- to carry out our obligations relating to your agreement(s) with us and to provide you with
- the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements;
- to notify you about changes to our services.
To help us improve our services
- to help us with internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing,
- research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to ensure our services are presented in the most effective manner;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve and to deliver relevant
- advertising to you.
To market our services or other services you may be interested in (with your consent)
- to provide you with information about services we offer; and
- where consent is specifically given, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to
- provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
4. Information storage
5. Disclosure of your information
We may need to share your information with third parties in order to process your transactions, for example with our banking partners.
Additionally, in order to carry out our business we may need to share your information with people or organisations outside of the European Economic Area such as intermediary or beneficiary banks – for example if you ask us to make a USD payment to China the funds may be cleared through an intermediary bank in the US before reaching China. For reasons of transparency and verification, we are required to include certain information on the payment, which may include your name and address.
Government and law enforcement
We may need to pass your information on to governmental departments, regulatory bodies, the police/law enforcement agencies or to a court of law. This will only be done for lawful purposes.
6. Data Retention
The FCA requires that we must retain your data for a minimum of 5 years if you have transacted with us. We will retain your data for as long as it is necessary to provide a service to you. You may request for your data to be deleted if you no longer wish to use our services and have not traded in the last 5 years.
7. Your rights
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you, a description of that information, the purposes for which it is being used and any parties with which we share your information. Your request should be made using our Contact Us form and select the reason for your enquiry as Data Privacy.
If you notice any of the information on your account is incorrect, please inform us using our Contact Us form and select the reason for your enquiry as Data Privacy.
If at any time you are not happy with how we handle your information, you can make a complaint using our Contact Us form and select the reason for your enquiry as Complaints.
You also have the right to raise any data protection concerns with the Information Commission Office.